The Singapore International Violin Competition 2018 is open to violinists of all nationalities born after 31 December 1987.
HOW TO APPLY
The deadline for applications is 30 September 2017.
Participants are required to register online and submit the following:
1. A scan of the photo page of passport with certified birth-date clearly visible.
2. A short personal biography, not exceeding 200 words, suitable for publication purposes
3. High resolution (300dpi) photograph
4. Two recommendations by musicians of appropriate international standing ( In English or translated to English)
5. The required video recording (as indicated below)
6. A non-refundable registration fee of USD100 will be payable. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
All completed applications received will be acknowledged by email by/on 1 October 2017.
The list of successful candidates will be announced on the competition website latest on 16 October 2017.
REQUIREMENTS FOR VIDEO RECORDING
Though hard copy submissions will be accepted, online submission of the recording is highly recommended. Candidates are requested to submit high quality unedited video recordings, preferably uploaded online with the application.
For candidates sending in hard copy of the DVD, it must have been received by 30 September 2017.
1. The recordings must have been produced within the last 12 months.
2. The candidate must be fully visible throughout the duration of each recording.
3. A certified statement from the producer with the date and place of performance/ recording must be included.
For home or self-recording, this certification has to be done by your music teacher or professor.
Click here for the full list of repertoires.